October 7, 2012 • 8:05 AM 0
October 3, 2012 • 9:58 PM 0
Mathematics Olympiad set 3(Download)
August 23, 2012 • 6:35 PM 11
July 14, 2012 • 11:10 PM 15
Kendriya Vidyalaya Snagathan, has been conducting its own Mathematical Olympiad programme in two phases-Junior Mathematical Olympiad (JMO)and Group Mathematical Olympiad(GMO).After screening the students by( JMO) AND Group Mathematical Olympiad(GMO).Top 30 students from GMO will then participate in INMO conducted by NBHM .Selection at National level leads to participation at the International Mathematical Olympiad(IMO)
Eligibility Criteria to appear in 15 th KVS JMO-2012
-A Student studying in class X who secured B1 or higher grade in Mathematics in Class-IX examination and
– A Student studying in class XI with Mathematics as an elective subject(irrespective of stream opted)who secured B1 OR higher grade in Mathematics in Class X examination can appear.
Note-There will be a common question paper for all the participants.
There is no fixed syllabus. No routine problem are asked in Olympiads to assess the ability of the students. The problem chosen are from various areas of secondary school mathematics ,broadly classifiable as geometry, number theory, algebra and combinatorics . They require no knowledge of higher mathematics such as Calculus and analysis.
Registration fee is Rs.100(Rupees One Hundred only).Students are advised to contact their class Teacher/Mathematics Teacher for registration
A good idea of what is expected of students in mathematics Olympiads can be had from the following books:
- Mathematics Olympiad Primer, by V. Krishnamurthy, C.R. Pranesachar, K.N. Ranganathan and B.J. Venkatachala (Interline Publishing Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore).
- Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics, by V. Krishnamurthy, C.R. Pranesachar, K.N. Ranganathan and B.J. Venkatachala (New Age International Publishers, New Delhi3)Indian National Mathematics Olympiad
- Indian National Mathematics Olympiad by Rajeev Manocha , Arihant Publications
- Mathematical Olympiad Treasures:by Titu Andreescu, Bogdan Enescu, Publisher :Springer
- Mathematics Olympiad, by A. P. Sharma,Saraswati house pvt ltd
7) Hand book of Mathematics –Ever Green Publisher , New Delhi
Above mentioned books are not complete list.Students are advised to contact their mathematics teacher for more information.