Welcome to Library Blog site of Kendriya Vidyalaya No 2 Calicut, one of the most prestigious educational institutions of Calicut, the legendary city of the great Zamorins. This centre of excellence was established in 1995 as a civil sector school affiliated to CBSE. The present school building is situated in the pristine hill spot at Eravathu kunnu, Govindapuram -the highest point in the city of Calicut. This Vidyalaya has the strength of more than 953 students and 32 staff on rolls with classes I to XII. Since its establishment, it has been striving to achieve academic excellence and development in the total personality of the students. It is a single section school with Science stream at plus two levels. KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA NO2 claicut. Library with a well round collection of 8900 Books including 90 Multimedia Educational CDs.The collection include Reference Books, Text Books and subject Books.Library have been subscribing 35 Plus Magazine and 5 News papers .Library is fully automate
PLEASE DOWNLOAD PROVISIONALLY SELECTED AND WAITING LIST OF CANDIDATES FOR CLASS I ADMISSION 2015-2016
PRINCIPAL SMT:LALITHA RAMACHNADRAN
LIBRARY NEWS LETTER
Open Educational Resources (OER)
3. Open J-Gate
E-Resources – Primary Classes
7. GK REFERENCE
|LIBRARY ORGANISATION AND SERVICES|
User’s Co-operation is Solicited in the following matters :
- Silence is to be strictly observed.
- Users are requested to avoid talking or discussion that will disturb other readers. Reading halls are meant for individual study only.
- Care must be taken to see that the library walls, furniture and reading materials are not spoiled/damaged/soiled in any way.
- Chairs and tables should not be disturbed from their position
- Mutilation and disfiguring of pages of library materials by ink or pencil marks are prohibited.
- Books loaned should be protected from RAIN, DUST, INSECTS, etc.
- Loss of barcoded ID card to be reported immediately in writing.
- Change in division, ,Address ,phone number of parent etc. to be informed
- Please do not bring any printed material other than library book to the library
Please Do :
- Please enter your Barcoded ID NUMBER(your admission number)in computer OPAC/CHEK-IN
- Keep the Library premises tidy.
Please do not :
- Move books/journals from its specific area to another area
- Replace the books: the librarian /trained student leaders will do it for you. (Please remember the document misplaced is document lost)
MEMBERSHIP All the students and teachers are members of the Vidyalaya library. Borrowing information Students :02 books for a period of two weeks Faculty and staff: Maximum 05 books for a period of 01 month. The users should produce their ID card for the automated circulation of books
Class Libraries: Class libraries are functioning for class I to V
COLLECTION With a well round collection of 8721 Books including 58 Multimedia Educational CDs. The Collection includes Reference books, Text Books and subject Books.
Library Automation The stock and services of the library has automated by using BOOK MAGIC library Management software.
OPAC ONLINE PUBLIC Access Catalogue of library holdings is available. Users can search key words ,author, title and subject
Open Access and Classification The library follows an open access system .The books are classified and shelved according to the Dewey Decimal Classification Library DDC 21 St Ed Classification scheme for arrangement of books. Every books is barcoded and spine labels are attached .
Main Class: 000– Computer science, information and general work
100-Philosophy and psychology
600-Technology and applied Science
700-Arts and recreation
900-History and geography
User Services Book Circulation
OPAC(Online Public Access Catalogue)
Current Awareness Service:
Weekly displayof Periodicals
Fortnightly Display of Books
Display of announcements received from various institutions regarding the Admission ,Competitive Examination etc. (Library Notice Board)
Newspaper clipping service
Reservation of books
User orientation programme
Information Literacy Programmes
Guidance and Councelling Service
SMS Alert Service
E-Mail Delivery Service
Book Bank Service
Question Bank Service
Library news letter
For Internet Service http://www.librarykv2calicutwordpress.com
1.All students of the school are members of the library
2.A student can borrow only two books at a time for a period of two weeks. 3.Books will be issued to the students, during the library periods. No book will be issued or returned during the teaching hours.
4.Reference books and current periodicals will not be issued to any student. These can be read only in the library room.
5.If the books are not returned book within a specified time it will be viewed seriously and fine will be charged as per rules.
6.Marking, underlining or writing on library books is strictly forbidden.
7.The librarian may call for a book at any time, even if the normal period of loan has not expired.
8.Do not bring personal materials to library
Ask Librarian ?:
Krishnan t .k