September 4, 2015 • 11:57 AM
In remembrance of a great teacher, educationist and philosopher Dr. Sarvepalli Radhkrishnan , the Central Board of Secondary Education proposes ‘CBSE Expression Series on Dr. Sarvepalli Radhkrishnan’ on his birthday on 5 th September, 2015. The details of this Expression Series are as follow: i. To be held on 5 th and 6 th September, 2015. ii. The three categories of participation are:
a) Classes I to V,
b) Classes VI to VIII and
c) Classes IX to XII
For more details vist
Filed under: CBSE NOTIFICATIONS, cbse
September 1, 2015 • 5:01 PM
About the competitions:
- Eligibility: Students of classes VI-IX, studying in CBSE affiliated schools
- Schedule of Events: 14th August to 30th September 2015
- Essay writing Themes & Languages: One student can participate in only one of the languages- Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Maithili, Dogri, Nepali, Bodo and Santhali. Students can pick any of the following themes for writing an essay, which should not exceed 500 words:
- Why should I conserve fuel and how?
- How to make fuel conservation a habit?
- Role of children in making fuel conservation a national movement.
Painting Theme: ‘Fuel Conservation – Self, Family, Society and Nation’ ‘ईंधन संरक्षण- स्वयं, पररवार, समाज एवं राष्ट्र’ Use only A3 size art sheet. The work may be executed using pencils, pencil colours, crayons, water colours etc. The following to be kept in mind, namely, relevance of the theme, execution of concept/theme, overall visual appeal,handling of given space mention and use of appropriate colour combination. On top of the drawing sheet, students should ‘PETROLEUM CONSERVATION RESEARCH ASSOCIATION (PCRA) PAINTING COMPETITION 2015’. Stages of the school-level competitions: Stage A. The Painting Competition for two hours and the Essay Writing Competition for one hour is to be conducted by the School.
Note: Weightage shall be given more to content, innovative/ unique ideas on conservation of petroleum fuel
For more details please visit
National Level Painting & Essay Writing Competitions 2015 on Petroleum & Oil Conservation
Filed under: CBSE NOTIFICATIONS, cbse, National Level Painting Competition