Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research
Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati
Autonomous Institutions under MHRD, Govt. of India
Admissions to 5 year BS-MS Dual Degree Programme 2016
To promote high quality scientific education, research and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati.
BS-MS Dual Degree Programme
It is a five year dual degree program for bright and motivated science students who have passed (10+2) level. The program integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions. The first two years of the program consist of core courses in basic sciences, the third and fourth years are dedicated to specialization in chosen science subjects and the fifth year includes a research project. The training during the program enables students to pursue a career in academia, R&D institutes and science based industries.
Admission to BS-MS Dual Degree Programme 2016
Admissions to all IISERs for the academic year 2016 has started on 25 May 2016 .
- KVPY scholars admitted to IISERs would draw fellowship as per KVPY norms. In addition a limited number of INSPIRE scholarships will be available for candidates admitted through JEE Advanced and SCB channel as applicable as per the norms prescribed by DST INSPIRE scheme. This supersedes all earlier announcements regarding scholarship.
- Highly competent and motivated faculty in various disciplines with a passion for science
- Integrated undergraduate teaching with cutting edge research across disciplines
- Upcoming eco-friendly green campuses with appropriate infrastructure
There are three channels of admission. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through these channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT–JEE) channel
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, IIT-JEE and SCB respectively
Closing of application portal (KVPY) 12 June, Sunday
Closing of application portal (IIT-JEE & SCB) 20 June, Monday22 June, Wednesday