The “Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” (KVPY) is a program started in 1999 by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India to encourage students who are studying Basic Sciences to take up research career in Science. The aim of the program is to identify and encourage talented and motivated students to pursue career in research.
This program aims to assist the students to realize their potential and to ensure that the best scientific talent is groomed for research and development in the country. Generous fellowship and contingency grant are provided to the selected KVPY Fellows up to the pre Ph.D. level or 5 years whichever is earlier. In addition, summer camps for the KVPY Fellows are organized in prestigious research and educational institutions in the country.
The Department of Science and Technology, the nodal agency of the Government has entrusted the overall responsibility for organizing and running the KVPY Program to the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and set up a Management Committee and a National Advisory Committee (NAC) for overseeing its implementation. A core committee looks after both the day-to-day and academic aspects of the KVPY Program.
QUESTION PAPER AND ANSWER KEY CLICK HERE
Stream SA: Students enrolled in XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2016-17 and having secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board examination. The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S.) in the academic year 2018-19 after having secured a minimum of 60% (50%for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Science subjects in the XII standard/(+2) Board Examination. During the interim period of one year they will be invited for Regional /National (Vijyoshi) Science Camp and their travel and other related expenses will be met by KVPY.
Stream SX: Students enrolled in XII Standard/ (+2) (Science subjects) during the academic year 2016–17 and aspiring to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. for the session 2017–18 provided they have secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the X Standard Board Examination and a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII standard Board Examination.
Students in their 2nd year of study in Cambridge International Examination Board and aspiring to join an UG program (viz. B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S.)in Basic Sciences namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology in the Academic year 2017-18 are eligible to apply provided they have secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the X Standard Board Examination. They must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII standard Board Examination before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
Stream SB: Students enrolled in the 1st year of undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. during the academic year 2016–17 and having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Mathematics) in the XII Standard Board Examination. In the 1st year final examination of B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat./Int. M.Sc./M.S. they must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
- Aptitude Test: After scrutiny of application forms and meeting the eligibility criteria for various streams, all eligible students will be called for aptitude test conducted both in Hindi and English at different centers across the country onSunday, the 6th November 2016. The details of the venue of the aptitude test for the eligible students and their seat number will be published in the KVPY website during the second week of October 2016.Admit Card
- Students may download the admit card for the aptitude test from the website from the second week of October 2016.
- Interview:Based on the performance in the aptitude test, short-listed students will be asked to appear for an interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure.
Application for KVPY-2016 must be done online only.
- There are three steps to complete your application successfully;
- Step 1. Registration.
- Step 2. Filling personal and academic details, choosing test centre and uploading photo, signature and other certificates as applicable.
- Step 3. Payment of application fees. Please note that you must pay the fees only at the KVPY application portal. This can be done either by using a credit card/ATM-Debit card/Net Banking or by downloading a Challan from the application portal. No other means of payment will be accepted. Once payment is successful and application submitted no refund will be done.
- The application fee for KVPY-2016 are as follows:
For General Category/OBC: Rs. 1000
For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 500
It is strongly recommended that candidates read the instructions carefully before attempting to fill the online form.
PLEASE NOTE KVPY-2016 APTITUDE TEST WILL BE COMPLETELY ONLINE
|Opening of online application portal
||: 18th July 2016
|Last date for closing of online application
||: 30th August 2016
||: 6th November 2016
Filed under: Uncategorized, (KVPY QUESTION PAPER:2014, Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) :2016, Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) :2016 and Previous Question Papers, kvpy question paper, KVPY QUESTION PAPER:2015, kvpy:2016