November 29, 2016 • 11:26 AM
With an interdisciplinary perspective at the heart of its approach, the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences at IIT Madras, which is one of the oldest departments in the Institute, provides intellectual and cultural foundations for the study of human relations in contemporary contexts. During the course of more than fifty years, it has grown into a vibrant department with teaching and research programmes run by a globally acknowledged team of faculty members. The five-year integrated Master of Arts (M.A.) programme is designed to meet the needs of students who seek a broader learning forum and who appreciate the unique design of inter-disciplinary studies. The programme encourages students to engage in critical thinking and research on ideas, people, society, environment and the human condition. The total number of seats sanctioned for the programme is 46. HSEE-2017 is intended to admit students to this programme in two streams: Development Studies and English Studies. The first two years of the curriculum are common to all the students after which, they branch out into the two streams. Allocation of streams will be based on students’ preferences, their academic performance during the first three semesters, and availability of seats under each stream
For details have a look at Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- All applications are to be made through online mode.
- Visit: http://hsee.iitm.ac.in
- Examination Fee: Female/ SC/ ST/ PwD Rs. 1100/- All Others Rs. 2200/-
|Online Application process (HSEE website) – Starts
||December 17, 2016
|Payment of Examination Fee through Indian Bank Challan / Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card – Starts
||December 17, 2016
|Payment of Examination Fee through Indian Bank Challan / Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card – Ends
||January 27, 2017
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application
||January 27, 2017
|Application Status Check on the Website
||February 17, 2017
|Admit Card can be Downloaded from the HSEE Website by Candidates – Starts
||March 14, 2017
|Admit Card can be Downloaded from the HSEE Website by Candidates – Ends
||April 15, 2017
|Examination Date for HSEE-2017
||April 16, 2017
|Declaration of Result on HSEE Website
||May 9, 2017
|Offer Letters to Candidates – Starts
||May 10, 201
For details please visit
Courtesy : http://hsee.iitm.ac.in/index.php
Filed under: Higher Edcation, HSEE - 2017 Examination, HSEE - 2017 Examination :IIT MADRAS, IIT Madras
November 18, 2016 • 2:18 PM
National Institute of Fashion Technology, a leader in fashion education with the ability to integrate knowledge, academic freedom, critical independence and creative thinking has a history of being in existence for 28 years stands as a testimony to its fundamentals where academic excellence lies at the core. The institute has stood as a beacon of serious critical engagement, a key enabler in developing competent professionals
National Institute of Fashion Technology was set up in the year 1986 under the aegis of Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. Over the years, NIFT has emerged as a Centre of Excellence & Innovation.
NIFT has invited application for various programmes
Sample Questions CLICKHERE
||02nd November 2016 to 10th January 2017
|Last Date for submission
||10th January, 2017
|Last date for online registration with late fee of Rs.5000/- (in addition to the applicable application fee) through Credit/Debit Card only. In case of Demand Draft, the print out of application alongwith Demand Draft should reach the given address before 16th January, 2017
||16th January, 2017
|Written Entrance Examination for all UG & PG Programmes
||12th February, 2017
|Situation Test/ Group Discussion/ Interview
||April – May 2017
|Admit Card (Online only)
||21st January 2017 (1300 Hrs)
|Declaration of Final Result (Online)
||End of May/ June 2017
||June 2017 onwards
WHO CAN APPLY? For Bachelor Programmes : Maximum Age: 23 years as on 1st October, 2016. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently Abled Person (PHP) subject to following qualifications
Eligibility for Bachelor Programmes – Bachelor of Design – B.Des. (Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication)
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/ State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi. or •
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB). or •
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- or • A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects. or •3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
- Eligibility for Bachelor Programme – Technology Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production) (B.FTech.) • The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/ State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/SriLanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. or
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. or
- 3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education
- ENTRANCE EXAMINATION Based on the choice, all eligible candidates will have to appear for a written entrance examination at the Examination Centres opted by them. The written entrance examination is designed to test the knowledge, skill and aptitude of the candidates for the programme opted.
For more details and online application
Filed under: Higher Edcation
November 5, 2016 • 2:42 PM
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF DESIGN : Admissions 2017-18
National Institute of Design, India’s premier and first design institute has been declared ‘Institution of National Importance’ by the Act of Parliament in 2014 and an autonomous Institute under the DIPP,Ministry of commerce &Industry ,Govt:OF INDIA
Applications are invited from Indian and foreign Nationals for Design Aptitude Test(DAT)for the following
programmes AT AHAMMEDABAD , VIJAYAWADA and Kurukshetra
Programme of Study
Bachelor of Design (B.Des.)
Master of Design (M.Des.)
- Eligibility criteria for B.Des./GDPD
|Candidates applying for the B.Des. and GDPD programmes must fulfill the following criteria:
Age Limit: Candidates upto 20 years of age on or before 30 June 2017 are eligible to apply (relaxable
by three years for candidates belonging to reserved category).
Indian nationals applying in the general category and candidates in overseas category born on or
before 30 June 1997 are not eligible.
Indian nationals in reserved category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PwD) born on or before 30 June 1994
are not eligible.Educational Qualification:Applications for academic year 2017–18 are open to applicants
who have passed or will appear for higher secondary (10+2) qualifying examinations in the academic year 2016–17 from any recognised board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or their equivalent.
Monday, 28 Nov. 2016
For details please visit
Filed under: Higher Edcation, ADMISSIONS ( 2017-18): National Institute of Design, national, NID
UPSC invited application for NDA admission
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status : Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 1998 and not later than 1st January, 2001 are eligible.
Educational Qualifications: (i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
HOW TO APPLY: Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above-mentioned website.
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: The Online Applications can be filled upto 15th July, 2016 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
Filed under: Higher Edcation, NDA, upsc nda examination